Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, December 23, 2011

Mary did you know..

..that your baby boy would one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know, that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.
Oh Mary did you know?

PhotobucketThis song came on when I was driving to work yesterday and it really struck me. This might sound strange, but all the sudden it was truly remarkable to me that I am expecting a baby. I hadn't really thought about being pregnant during Christmas time, aside from the awesome perk of not having to wear a coat all the time because I have a built in furnace. But when this song came on, one of my very favorite Christmas songs though this is the first time I have head it this year, I received a whole new mind set. I started to think about Mary, and how scared she must have been. I thought about her having morning sickness and having to travel on a donkey when she was about as far along as I am. I thought about her discomforts and her fears. I thought about her giving birth in a stable. And I thought about how strong she must have been to completely trust our Heavenly Father that everything was as it should be and that everything would be OK. It's getting to that point where I am becoming increasingly more anxious and I'm starting to have really bad anxiety about the things that are going to happen that I don't fully understand with this baby. On Wednesday I sat down and for the first time actually thought about delivering this baby, it shook me up so bad I couldn't keep food down the rest of the day. I worry about how to set up the nursery and if I should go back to work or not and how everything is going to work financially. There is so much that is unknown, and for me that's really scary. But then I think about this song, and I think about Mary, of all the things she overcame and how strong she was and how much her baby boy blessed her life. Sometimes a slight change in perspective can be the best thing for a person. I feel very humbled and blessed, this holiday season, that I am pregnant and that I was given the opportunity to reflect on such an amazing woman and feel a little more connected with her than I ever have before.   

'But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.' Luke 2:19


0 comments:

Post a Comment