Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Getting Organized

PhotobucketThe past couple of days I have been really worried about finding a new place. Our lease will be up in four months and we will more than likely be moving again as they are going to be raising our rent by about $75 a month. I'm actually a little disappointed; sure there are little things about this place that aren't the best but I feel like we are really settled here and if the rent would have stayed the same, we probably would have stayed for another year. But it's looking like a move is in our near future yet again. I always get anxious around this time and I scour my rental websites and apps trying to find the perfect place, four months too soon, mind you. Of course I am always worried our 'dream place' will slip right out of our fingers while we are still tied to our current lease, which usually leads to us either breaking our lease or paying double rent for a few months, neither of which is cheap. I sat looking at houses that I wanted but couldn't afford and houses I could afford but certainly didn't want. After a few hours of this somewhat depressing activity, I looked around and realized I hadn't even fully decorated this place yet. In fact, I've never fully decorated or unpacked at any place that we have lived. I've never made anywhere 'home.' So I set to work! First, I reorganized every single cupboard and drawer in the kitchen, including our 'pantry.' I ended up with four empty shelves, awesome! Then I decorated the kitchen using things I already had that were hiding under the sink and above the fridge, vases.

Photobucket

Next I tackled the coat closet, the entertainment center, Titus' closet, and our closet, again 
ending up with a ton of extra space. After all that reorganizing I had a couple boxes that 
needed to go into our storage space....

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Yea, that pretty much says it all. 
So I got to work organizing that too!



PhotobucketAll in all it was a wonderfully productive day and instead of dreaming of all the nice places that I wish I could afford, I tried to make our apartment the best it could be, which turned out pretty darn good I think. It's incredible how a couple empty shelves, organized closets, some pictures, and a few vases can make a place feel so much more like home.
 Happy Blogging!














1 comments:

Juli said...

We are so much alike! I was the same way with moving things and re-organizing! I live by the 6 month rule. If we haven't used it in 6 months, and don't anticipate using it in 6 months we get rid of it. Either by donation, giving it away, or trashing it. I'm a huge fan of LESS stuff. I don't know if you are looking in Nampa, but there are a TON of apartments. I know it'd be a little drive for Eric though. Anyway, good luck! Let me know if you need help searching!

Post a Comment