Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Getting a Bit More Domestic

PhotobucketEver since I can remember I have worked. I started with chores and extra tasks for my parents, progressed to babysitting, and finally got my first 'real job' at Rockie's when I was 15. Since Rockie's, there have been many different jobs, some lasting only a few months, some a few years. Most of these jobs have been part time and overlapped with another job, or in some cases two. Regardless, I have always worked and I have always worked at least 40 hours a week, until I got pregnant, at which point I dropped down to about 32 hours a week. All of that to say; holy cow! Staying at home can get pretty boring!! The hanging out with and feeding Titus part is awesome, but that only takes up about an hour each time until he zonks out and I am left with two hours until he will wake up again. The first couple days were great, but let's face it, there's not enough FB updates or TV shows to keep a person satisfyingly occupied for the better part of the day, every day, with no end in sight. It's so easy to hop on the computer after Titus falls asleep or watch episode after episode of 'Wizards of Waverly Place' (don't make fun, I'm getting back in touch with my Disney side) but at the end of the day I feel completely brain dead and mostly useless. Consequently, I broke out the whiteboard and filled it with all sorts of projects and chores to occupy my time. I'm also going to start cooking, for real! My poor husband has come to call every meal I make, the '3 Cs', because they all consist of chicken (already breaded and prepackaged in the freezer), corn, and a carb (pasta is a favorite, but sometimes I mix it up and do rice or potatoes instead). Cooking is not something I'm good at but it is something I enjoy, well I enjoy surprising Eric anyway and whenever I bust out a new meal it is definitely a surprise, so in a round about way..I like to cook! My grandma has always told me, 'if you can read you can cook' and that's what I plan to do. I have already picked out and bought groceries for five new meals to try this week. I am a very picky eater, but I found recipes that I can either throw on all the 'gross' stuff at the end after I take my portion out or just make two
Photobucketpersonal sized dishes; one with all the goods for Eric and a much more plain and boring version for me! So hopefully all these fun projects and cooking experiments will help occupy my time and make me a bit less of a TV addict. Of course when I am healed up a bit more I will be able to throw in some awesome work outs in between and in another month or so I will be going back to work a day or two a week so that will help mix it up too. I'll be sure to take pictures along the way of any great recipes or DIY projects I come across. Don't worry, this won't become a strictly food blog or anything like that, but what better way to make things take even more time than to take a bunch of pictures and write about it after you're done?! Delicious recipes and fun projects to come.
Happy Blogging!

0 comments:

Post a Comment