Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, February 24, 2012

My Life Would Suck Without You

PhotobucketPhotobucketIt's incredible how things change with life experience. When Eric and I first got married, I thought I wanted four kids. After my rough pregnancy and Titus' interesting and stressful start in the NICU I have since changed that number to one! When I hold Titus I am so content, I could love him unconditionally forever and be a very happy mom knowing that he is all 
Photobucketmine and that I can focus all of me on this one 
being. The other day , I was telling Nichole about my new train of thought. She, as always, was supportive 
Photobucketand joked about him being the only grand kid for the next ten years, at which point we both hope Garrett will add a couple to the group. We sat there talking and laughing and catching each other up on our thoughts about American Idol contestants and that crazy girl Courtney from the Bachelor, when all the sudden it hit me; how could I do the 
PhotobucketPhotobucketinjustice of making Titus an only child 
PhotobucketPhotobucketwhen my best friend is my sister? I suppose you could say Heavenly Father knew I would have a hard time making (and keeping) girlfriends, so he gave me a 'built in' girlfriend if you will. Nichole and I haven't always been close. There was that rough patch 
when I was about five and she was eight; we shared a room and try as she may, she was never able to keep it clean with me in there creating messes on a daily basis. We also struggled a couple years later when she was 'too old' for barbies and I was still totally into them! 
PhotobucketAll joking aside, there have been very few times throughout our lives that we haven't been completely involved in each others lives. She's not only my best friend, but my personal 
PhotobucketPhotobucketguardian angle. She has been beside me through so many bad choices; loving me the whole time, just waiting for me to figure it out, and protecting me until I did. She has always been there to motivate, love, and support me, even when she didn't totally agree with the direction my life was going in. She is the most patient and genuinely positive person 
Photobucket
that I know. We have grown so close over the past couple of years. It was SO fun getting 
Photobucketmarried only a couple months apart and 
being able to compare notes on what marriage is like. We share secrets, recipes, heartaches, and dreams. We both have a completely different plan for our lives, and to be honest, we are pretty much exact opposites, but 
somehow it works. We come together to make a complete thought and we each 
Photobucketbring out the best in the other. I am so blessed to have Nichole as a sister and our bond has definitely given me something to think about when planning my own family. Whatever happens in life I know that we will always be close and that is such a comfort and a blessing to me. 
I love you Cole! Thanks for being an incredible friend to me and an amazing aunt to Titus. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment