Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Due Date

PhotobucketIt's incredible to think that Titus was scheduled to arrive today, yet he has already been here for four weeks and one day. We were definitely surprised and a bit nervous about his early arrival, yet he has proved to live up to his big name by fighting and conquering so many things already. He is up to five and a half pounds and continues to grow a little every day! With it being Valentine's Day and all, I figured it would be appropriate to post something about my Valentines; my little man and his father. It has been so fun to watch their relationship develop and grow. I've never seen Eric so giddy as the day Titus was born. I was moved to recovery for two hours after my C-section and Eric got to go with Titus down to the NICU. About a half hour after arriving in my recovery room, Eric came in to check on me, he was beaming! He told me very quickly that, 'when you go into the NICU you have to scrub up really good for two minutes so when we go we should probably stay a while because it's not really worth it to go for only a couple minutes at a time because you have to scrub up. So staying for a while is probably the best idea and I came up here to check on you...(silence)' I've never seen him talk so fast, then be completely silent. He was just staring at me with this goofy smile on his face, while he went up and down on his toes like an
Photobucketexcited kid at Christmas, waiting. So I asked if he would like Nichole to stay with me in recovery so he could go back to Titus. The words were hardly out of my mouth before he said yes, kissed me goodbye, and ran out the door! I just smiled, I was so happy that he was so happy to be a daddy. I know sometimes it's hard for him to really have 'fun' with Titus, since he can't throw a ball or long board yet, but I know that he really enjoys spending time with him. It's definitely been an adventure getting used to a new schedule and dynamic over the past two weeks; with Eric going back to work full time, me staying home, and neither of us getting much consistent sleep, but Eric has been an incredibly supportive husband to me and a wonderful father to Titus. I love spending time with both my boys and feel so blessed to have them in my life. It is such a wonderful feeling to be a wife and a mother, and I really couldn't ask for more. 
Happy Valentine's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment